2020 Trends in Conversational Marketing
Author: Austin Stanfel
Most brands always seek validation from their customers. Brands always seek avenues to improve their brands, and the best way to get relevant feedback from customers is through relevant feedback.
Conversational marketing involves a feedback- oriented approach to marketing used by companies to drive engagement, develop customer loyalty, grow the customer base ultimately, and grow revenue. Conversation marketing has been in existence since the inception of trade. Conversational marketing involves creating an atmosphere where customers can feel free to state their needs, and then brands address the need of customers and incorporate the needs of customers into their marketing campaigns. It also involves interacting with customers on a one on one base.
Over the years, conversational marketing has evolved. Thanks to technological improvements and social media, brands have been able to increase channels for conversational marketing. The following are channels brands use in conversational marketing;
- Email Marketing: You are probably on one mailing list or another. Although most brands abuse this channel by sending so many unsolicited messages to their subscribers that most persons consider such words as spam. Instead of sending unnecessary messages boasting about your brand to your email list, try something different. You can create a survey or a poll to get their opinion on certain products, or you can engage them more creatively. By doing this, they feel valued and definitely would give honest feedback to your brand. From their responses, you would know how best to strategize for future campaigns.
- Live chat: Currently, most brands are incorporating this feature into their websites. Live chat allows website visitors to contact a team member in real-time directly. The team member can assist the customer in real-time, and also help the visitor to easily navigate the website without wasting valuable time searching the site for specific issues.
- Chatbots: This is the most popular channel for conversational marketing. Most persons only refer to Chabot’s when talking about conversational marketing. Chatbots are bots that have been specially programmed to initiate and carry out a normal conversation just like humans. Most websites also utilize chatbots in their live chats. The chatbots carry out relevant communications and then transfers conversations that they feel are relevant to members of the sales team who carry on with the conversation.
- Loyalty Programs: Another great form of conversational marketing is through loyalty programs. Loyalty programs are programs that seek to reward loyal customers when they make a purchase or when they renew their subscription for a particular service. Loyalty programs can come in various forms, one being the offering of discounts or coupon codes to customers when they purchase a product or subscribe for a service.
Features of Conversational Marketing
- Time: In conversational marketing, timing is vital. It is essential to respond to customers’ queries promptly. When customers receive a response to their inquiries late, they tend not to take a brand serious. It is also essential to respond to customer’s inquiries promptly as customers stick to brands that appreciate and value their time.
- Personalization: There are lots of broadcast messages and emails. Most customers already know this. To get the attention of customers, it is crucial to personalize conversations with them. This goes a long way in showing that the brand appreciates them and also helps in creating a personal relationship with the brand.
- Analytics: There are lots of tools that help analyze customer behavior. Brands must explore these analytic tools. Using analytic tools helps brands to analyze customer behavior and tailor products that would suit the customer’s needs. You don’t want to recommend tech gadgets to a customer whose activities are more on the fashion section. Analytics helps brands target the right audience in their campaigns.
Conversational marketing is helping businesses generate quality leads from customers, which in turn results in high sales conversion. It is important that brands take advantage of conversational marketing and create a personal experience with their customers.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.